Before You Come In
Fingerprinting Process and Requirements
Knowing what to expect gives you the control you need to move through the fingerprinting process, and it helps to understand the procedures before your visit.
1. The entire process can take 10 to 20 minutes, if you follow these simple steps.
a. Schedule a Professional Appointment online
b. Pretreat dry hands several days prior to your appointment with heavy cream and lotions. This stops dry fingerprinting, which give poor results, and adds time to your visit.
c. Our livescan Techs follow our Agencies, FDLE, and FBI guidelines and regulations when collecting your fingerprints. We follow best practices to get the best results.
Electronic Fingerprint Process
Biometric Fingerprints Captured
Fingerprints are securely sent to State
State Records in DataBase
Fingerprints are checked for criminals history and sent to FBI
If something from state comes back , you are notified by the Agency requesting the fingerprints
FBI Records in National Data Base
FBI fingerprints are stored at a National Level
If your FBI report has information it will be sent to state agency and they will notify you, otherwise your background is completed
Bring Your ORI Number
An applicant may present any 2 of the following documents:
- State-issued drivers license (mandatory)
- Social Security Card
- U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
- Federal Government Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV)
- Uniformed Services Identification Card
- Department of Defense Common Access Card
- Foreign Passport with Appropriate Immigration Document(s)
- USCIS – Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
- USCIS – Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- Federal, state, or local government agency ID card with photograph
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- Canadian driver’s license
1. An applicant must present 2 of the following documents:
State-issued driver’s license (mandatory)
U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport Card
Uniformed Services Identification Card
Federal Government Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV)
Resident Green Card
Please bring typed FBI request form, do not sign this document until you get to our offices.
2. Fingerprinting is an unintended intimate process, and until someone, not us; changes how biometric identity is gathered; it will remain an unintended intimate process. We are professionals.
3. Please do everything that is instructed in section 1, and you will be ready for your professional fingerprinting appointment.