Florida Real estate License
REAL ESTATE SALES ASSOCIATE -
s. 475.01(1)(a) “Sales associate” means a person who performs any act specified in the definition of “broker,” but who performs such act under the direction, control, or management of another person. A sales associate renders a professional service and is a professional within the meaning of 95.11(4)(a).
Real Estate Sales Associate Requirements for Licensure in Florida –
1. Applicant minimum age 18
2. Applicant education – high school diploma or equivalent
3. Applicant must have a Social Security number to apply
4. Applicant must pass Florida real estate sales associate exam
5. Applicant must pay all fees associated with licensure
6. Pursuant to Chapter 475, Florida Statutes, electronic fingerprinting/ livescan is a mandatory process for all real estate sales associate, real estate broker, and real estate appraiser applicants. Electronic fingerprinting allows applicants to have their fingerprints scanned and electronically submitted to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) for processing
How to obtain a Real Estate Sale Associate Licensure in Florida –
1. ENROLL IN PRE-LICENSE COURSE -
To take the state exam, you must provide proof that you have completed an approved 63 hour Florida sales associate real estate course. Upon completion of the course you have 2 years to apply for and pass the exam. Expired course work is not acceptable for the exam.
2. COMPLETE FINGERPRINTING -
We are an approved FDLE LiveScan Service Provider. We submit your fingerprints according to your application for licensure, the suggestion is 5 days prior to your licensure application.
3. MUST SATISFY PRE-LICENSURE EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS -
Completed Course Exam with a score of 70% –
4. MUST PASS STATE EXAM WITH A SCORE OF 75% -
Sales Associate examination results are graded on 100 points examination. An applicant must receive at least 75 points and higher to for a successful examination completion.
Level 2 FDLE fingerprinting livescan is required for state and national fingerprint-based screening. This consideration is needed to disqualify offenses that might apply to certain employees designated by law as holding positions of responsibility or trust. Section 435.04, mandates that Level 2 background security investigations be conducted on employees, defined as individuals required by law to be fingerprinted pursuant to Chapter 435
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION Sales Associate Initial Application (RE 1) – and DBPR Approved 63 Course Continuing Education Provider List
DBPR Approved 63 Course continuing Education Providers for sales associates.
Real Estate Agents – Post Licensure Education Requirements:
You have your license, your 1st initial renewal is more education:
Sales Associates mandatory 45 hours
Broker Broker/Sales mandatory 60 hours
Education can be completed in these ways:
Sitting in a Classroom
4-year or higher degreed individuals are Exempt, in Florida Real Estate Licensing
Approved Real Estate Continuing Education Providers for Sales Pre License